BASE 10 PUZZLES INTENSIVE MINI-COURSE
1st Time Ever: Weekday Classes
Making Math Real’s unprecedented attempt to give participants more of what they want!
The Base 10 Puzzles provide encompassing structured development for an impressive array of highly valuable cognitive functions for place value applications including number sense, the base 10 system, numeration, sequencing, mental flexibility, visual-spatial ability, working memory, and regulatory executive functions. In addition, The Base 10 Puzzles provide the mental foundations that support automaticity with the addition and subtraction facts as well as rounding.
The Base 10 Puzzles are so valuable as an educational tool, I use them in every initial assessment to give me specific data about students’ current development in all the aforementioned cognitive functions.
The brand new Base 10 Puzzles Intensive Mini-Course will provide comprehensive and focused detail coverage of all the Levels I-VI in the worksheet masters Base 10 Puzzles Levels I-V and Base 10 Puzzles Part 2 Level VI, including key assessment point puzzles styles and the different configurations/locations of the prompting number in each puzzle. Level VI puzzles also include essential place value applications puzzles, “How Much Is…?” and “What Happened?”
Extensions for all the puzzles* will be presented in this new mini-course, including extending the base 10 puzzles formats for Level VII and up, linear counting puzzles, What Comes Next?” for counting by ±10s, 100s, 1,000s, etc., and advanced rounding applications.
- Complete coverage of Levels 1-6 of the Base 10 Puzzles with extensions*, which provide the basis for all place value applications
- Powerful development of number sense, the base 10 system, numeration, sequencing, mental flexibility, visual-spatial ability, working memory, and regulatory executive functions
- The Base 10 Puzzles provide the fundamental number sense developments for learning the addition and subtraction facts and for rounding
- Using the Base 10 Puzzles as an assessment tool
- Extending* the Base 10 Puzzles to higher levels, Level VII and beyond
- Extending* to advanced rounding applications
- Extending* to advanced linear pattern counting puzzles, “What Comes Next?”
The new Base 10 Puzzles Intensive Mini-Course requires completion of Making Math Real: The 4 Operations & 400 Math Facts course as a mandatory prerequisite.
* Puzzles extensions are based on advanced place value applications from the Making Math Real: Fractions, Decimals & Advanced Place Value course. Whereas, it will be beneficial for course participants to have completed the advanced place value units from the Making Math Real: Fractions, Decimals & Advanced Place Value course, it is not required for enrolling in the new Base 10 Puzzles Intensive Mini-Course.
Don’t miss out:
Base 10 Puzzles Intensive Mini-Course Debuts Fall 2023
Registration for the 2023 Fall Semester opens June 6 at 9:00 am PDT.
Save The Date: this new weekday course will sell out!
- 10 two-hour online classes Tuesdays & Thursdays in Fall 2023
- Oct. 3, 5; 10, 12; 17, 19; 24, 26; 31, Nov. 2, 2023
- 9:30 am – 11:30 am PDT daily
- Required Prerequisite: The 4 Operations & 400 Math Facts
- Registration Fee: $499 (materials not included)
Required Mini-Course Materials:
Base 10 Puzzles Levels I-V
Base 10 Puzzles Part 2 Level VI
I look forward to seeing you in the Fall.
Be well and stay healthy.
David Berg, E.T.
Founder & Director of the Making Math Real Institute
Creator of the Making Math Real Simultaneous Multisensory Structured Methods