All About Math: A Conference for Parents & Professionals on Dyscalculia
Addressing The Common Core: Making Math Real: The Multisensory Structured Solution For All Students
Presentation by David Berg from 12:30pm-3:30pm
Parents and educators are invited to this dynamic and innovative seminar presented by David Berg, educational therapist and founder/director of the Making Math Real Institute. Students are diverse and multi-dimensional, requiring and deserving instructional methods encompassing that diversity. The focus of this seminar will be on how the Making Math Real Multisensory Structured Methods, K-12, best serve our students’ diverse educational and developmental needs while addressing the Common Core State Standards.
- What is the essence of the Common Core State Standards?
- How can we best teach the standards and serve ALL students?
- Why does my child/student struggle in math?
- Why does my child/student experience anxiety in math?
- Why does my child/student still count on his/her fingers?
- My child/student is really bright. Why does she/he find math so hard?
- Why does my child/student still not get it after I’ve explained it so many times?
Come to this special 3-hour presentation for the answers to these questions and more. We look forward to seeing you there.
CONFERENCE DATE: Friday, May 16, 2014
CONFERENCE TIME: 9am-3:30pm
LOCATION: The National Conference Center
@ The Holiday Inn of East Windsor
399 Monmouth Street
East Windsor, New Jersey 08520
COST: $15 for members / $30 for nonmember / $55 for registration & membership (registration instructions below)
HOW TO REGISTER WITH LDA-NJ: Register in advance at http://ldanjMay16.Eventbrite.com or http://www.ldanj.org/Events.html
Walk-ins will be accepted if there is still space. Credit cards and checks will be accepted.
For questions: [email protected] or 732.645.2738